Tuesday, February 5, 2013

chain saw accident

So, I apologize for the delay in posting. I have been moving slow due to a chain saw accident. A good friend of mine and two of his Children drowned in a canoe accident a few weeks ago and following the funeral I decided to get my mind off things by clearing a little near the house. Emotional and tired is no way to start a chain saw project. About ten minutes into the trimming, that could have been done with my machete, I caught a thread of my britches with the fresh blade. The saw was hot from the cutting and cauterized the cut. As such, I did not bleed a drop until my friend Linda started stitching. A few stitched in the muscle and a few more in a couple layers of skin and I was back together. The stitches have just come out and thought it is still tender I am back in action. Praise the Lord I did not hit any arteries etc. . .

No pictures with this one. My wife took one but I do not have it to post.

4 comments:

  1. Just before I read your entry, I read this:

    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle" --Plato

    Reminds not to get so absorbed in my own issues that I don't have compassion for others. I am sorry for your loss and grateful that your injury is not worse and you are on the mend. I so appreciate your sharing of your building process and it is a blessing to be able to follow you and be inspired.

    Prayers for all who are mourning the loss of loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Bill, Miss you too. We should get together soon.

      Delete