Monday, September 17, 2012

roof: ON

    The roof is on. All but the final two panels where painstakingly put in place with a hammer and ratchet. Though we have a generator it would serve better as a massive paper weight or anchor. Thus, we put the panels in by hand. Tap, Tap, crank. I tried feverishly not to fall off the roof as I aimed to hit the purlins. Only once did I actually have a place picked out on the ground where I thought I was going to land.
     While the roof may not be perfect, it will not leak. It is going to be well insulated and it blends well with the surrounding forrest. Oh, and I did not die or break a bone while building it. All in all  I consider it a successful roofing experience.

4 comments:

  1. we're enjoying the frequent posts! I wish I was there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are enjoying the posts. I wish you were here as well.

      Delete
  2. That's a metal roof, right? Its been a year now, and I wonder if you finished the construction of your house. Did you move in already? I hope you don't experience leak problems with your metal roof. Hehe! How are you now? Can you host a house tour? :)

    Ruben Pratt @ ARRoofing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is metal and yes we moved in last January. No problems as of yet. We have not finished all aspects of the build though it is comfy inside. I don't think we are ready for any tours as of yet.

      thanks for asking

      Delete